Sidna Shaikh Yusuf An-Nabhani




Imam al-Qadi Yusuf bin (son of) Ismail bin Yusuf bin Ismail bin Muhammad Nâsir al-Dîn an-Nabhani (1849 - 1932) born in Ijzim in historical Palestine, now north of Haifa in Israel, died in Beirut. Yusuf was a Sunni Sufi Ottoman Palestinian Islamic Scholar, judge, prolific poet, and defender of the Ottoman Caliphate. His teachings have influenced much of Sufism's development in the 19th and 20th century.

"I am the slave of the Master of Prophets
And my fealty to him has no beginning.

I am a slave of his slave, and of his slave’s slave,
And so forth endlessly,

For I do not cease to approach the door
Of his good pleasure among the beginners.

I proclaim among people the teaching of his high attributes,
And sing his praises among the poets.

Perhaps he shall tell me: “You are a noted friend
Of mine, a truly excellent beautifier of my tribute.”

Yes, I would sacrifice my soul for the dust of his sanctuary.
His favor should be that he accept my sacrifice.

He has triumphed who ascribes himself to him!
- Not that he needs such following,

For he is not in need of creation at all,
While they all need him without exception.

He belongs to Allah alone, Whose purified servant he is,
As his attributes and names have made manifest;

And every single favor in creation comes from Allah
To him, and from him to everything else."

(Translated by Shaykh Gibril)


Books & Writings
Hadi al-Murid
Jâmi` Karamaat al-Awliya
Khulasat-al-Kalaam
Shawahid al-haqq
Hujjat-Allahi ala al-Alamin
Jawahir al-bihar
Sa'adat al-Darayn
Wasa'il al-Wusul ila Shama'il al-Rasul
Riyadh al-Jannah
Anwar al-Muhammadiyah
Fada'il al-Muhammadiyah


Allahumma salli wa salam wa baraka `ala Sayyidina Muhammad wa `ala Alihi wa Sahbihi wa Hizbihi wa salam.

0 comments: